MilKit Tubeless Rim Tape
Rim tape strong and reliable for an airtight fit, but with enough flex to make installation quick and easy.
Rim tape is needed to ensure air does not escape through holes that are drilled in the rim for spokes.
Choose a rim tape width that matches the inner width of your rim or is slightly larger. The rim tape should cover the whole rim base and it can even cover a part of both sides. Using too narrow rim tape can lead to air leaking between rim and tape – which can be frustrating. If it is too wide it can interfere with the tire seating correctly.
For easy and effective installation:
- Clean rim thoroughly and ensure it is dry.
- Install rim tape by pulling it firmly into the rim. It must be tight and ensure there are no gaps or air trapped underneath.
- Make sure it overlaps at least 10cm/4 in over the valve hole, it’s better to have a longer overlap than shorter.
- Use two layers for high pressure wheels (above 8 bar / 120 psi).
- Cut rim tape at a 45° angle for the best adhesion and flexibility.
- Install milKit tubeless valves into rim: pinch just a small hole into the rim tape and push valve through tape into rim.
- 10m/11yd rolls – sufficient to set up 4-5 wheels.
This article does not have a size guide. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
We will be happy to assist you!